Why join us?
Tritium is a Brisbane-based technology company whose mission is to offer energy freedom. We do this as a world-leading developer of electric vehicle charging infrastructure that enables the acceptance and growth of e-mobility. Tritium is a fast-growing global company with offices in Brisbane, Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
This position reports directly to the Quality Director at Tritium and is based at Murarrie. The main responsibility of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) is leading the manufacturing process development for new and current product introductions or upgrades in the Production team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Industrial Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
- Lean Manufacture & 5S
- Kaizen & Six sigma
- Problem solving (8D, 5 Why)
- Process engineer
Here are some of the key functions you will have responsibility for:
- Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes in industrial plants: Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control, and corporate standards.
- Confer with vendors to determine process specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifying actions and quality standards.
- Estimate production times (Cycle & Takt), staffing requirements, and engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing production processes.
- Apply Lean, Six Sigma tools & methodologies in the implementation of Engineering & Manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Lead Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) projects; manage a portfolio of ‘Lean’ projects directed at reducing waste & improving Quality with the objective of increasing ‘value’.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements, process improvements and potential capacity.
- Ensure successful production of product – ease of service, testability and manufacture.
- Deliver effective and outcome-based support in the generation of parts replacement kits, design of spare parts kits – content and BOM.
- Develop operating procedures/process sheets, process flow charts and floor plan layouts.
- Lead and conduct PFMEA activities.
- Develop new Manufacturing equipment and processes, write equipment specifications, author & optimize Manufacturing processes to improve Quality and material flow, while reducing takt times and set-up times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org